Learn from the Leader in Aquatic Fitness Education and Training!
2012 AEA Weekend Event Site Requirements and Information
Are you considering bringing AEA to your facility?
Hosting an AEA Weekend Event is more then getting your staff AEA certified! AEA is excited to share with you the opportunity to have one of the most recognized names in the industry come to your region and improve the quality of programming delivered to your members.
Things to consider BEFORE you request the Host Site Request Form
Step 1 Carefully review the Host Site Information & Requirements (provided below). Pay close attention to these important hosting details:
AEA requires that you are willing to host a minimum of two days.
- The first option is to schedule a combination of the AEA AFP Course & Certification Exam and one day (a minimum of 6 hours) of education.
- The second option is two days of education totaling a minimum of 12 hours.
- If you have a minimum of 10 staff that will participate find out more about private training options available through AEA by contacting Dee Yeats at email@example.com
AEA requires a minimum of 5 paid registrations from your facility, in addition to the comps, to register each day of the event. Incentives, including complimentary registrations and free memberships are awarded to the facility only once this minimum is met. If you are part of an association or club chain, other instructors from affiliated facilities can be considered staff.
Step 2 Investigate and get support from your staff and local network
- Make a list of your top 5 interests so that AEA can help you select the best programming. For example: water walking, choreography, deep water specific, circuit, interval, seniors, arthritis, prenatal, athletes, etc.
- After compiling the list and reviewing the Host Site Requirements contact Dee Yeats to discuss dates and programming. Once you have determined the best options, AEA will provide you with detailed course descriptions and CEC information.
- Contact your staff and local network providing them with the proposed date and course offerings and request confirmation whether they would attend. This will help give you an idea if the date and programming selected will have enough support to move forward with a Host Site Request Form.
Step 3 Complete your Host Site Request Form
- The Host Site Request Form must be received a minimum of 120 days prior to an event.
- Unfortunately, there will be times when we cannot set up an event at your site due to an AEA event already planned at another local/regional facility. It is strongly recommended that you support the event that is already set up, as opposed to waiting for an event to come to your facility.
Host Site Incentives*:
- Two (2) complimentary registrations for each day of programming.
- Four (4) Practical Applications DVDs – a $100 value. Please note, these incentives apply only if hosting the AEA Certification Examination.
- Four (4) complimentary one-year AEA Pro Memberships – a $260 value.
- All additional onsite staff members can purchase a discounted AEA Membership and then pay discounted event registration prices. Discounted AEA Membership is $45 for one year or $90 for two years.
*Event incentives have no cash value, are valid only for the scheduled event and cannot be transferred or applied to any other event.
All Host Sites need to meet the requirements as indicated below
Mandatory Site Requirements
- Site commits to 5 paid staff registrations in addition to the comps for each day selected.
- Site commits to submitting staff registrations a minimum of 45 days prior to the event.
- Site must provide a qualified individual to administer the examination (if certification exam is scheduled). Examination directives will be sent to the Exam Administrator a minimum of two weeks prior to the exam date. Exam Administrators will receive a free AEA one-year membership.
- Site must allow male and female participants and provide male and female locker rooms.
- Site must be able to accommodate any Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) candidates and provide additional examination accommodations if necessary for such candidates.
- Site must have free and ample parking.
- Site must allow entrance and access to facility 45 minutes prior to scheduled starting time.
- Site manager/owner must approve and authorize all contracts.
- Site must provide one reliable communication contact for event administration and assistance from the time of contracting up to 5 days following the event.
- Site must provide two on-site trainer assistants to help with product sales, equipment unpacking and distribution at the pool, as well as packing for return shipping at the conclusion of the event.
- Site will receive and secure required event shipments and supplies at least 7 days prior and up to 3 days after event.
- AFP Course - Provide exclusive pool use* for 2 hours 10:30am-12:30pm
- Education Programs – Provide exclusive pool use* for 1.5 hours to 2 hours per program to be determined by chosen program(s)
*AEA requests exclusive pool use. Some situations however do allow lap lane swimming at the same time as long as disruption is kept to a minimum.
- Pool temperature must be between 84-86 degrees (Pi Yo Chi 86-90 degrees.)
- Allow for a minimum of 40 participants in useable pool space.
- 25-30 sq. feet per person pool space shallow (3.5’ to 4.5’ feet) - 1000 sq. feet or more
- Deep Programs require same square footage in water of 5.5 feet or deeper
- Site will provide a microphone and CD/Ipod/MP3 compatible sound system.
- Candidates must be allowed to wear aquatic fitness specific shoes in pool.
Lecture Room Requirements
- AEA Certification Exam Seating Requirements – A quiet and undisrupted room with tables and chairs to accommodate 2 people per 6-8 foot (minimum seating for 30 people is required.)
- AEA Education Seating Requirements – A quiet and undisrupted room with tables and chairs to accommodate 3-4 people per 6-8 foot table (minimum seating for 40 people is required) PLUS movement space available for practical activities during lecture.
- Additional trainer/lecturer space to accommodate a head table and table for LCD projector.
- Site must provide an LCD projector, screen, boom box, power strip and extension cord.
If you feel you qualify and are interested in hosting, please download the Host Site Requirements Form and the Host Site Request Form below!
If you need more information or have any questions or concerns, please contact Dee Yeats at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NEW 2012 Host Site Requirements in pdf format
NEW 2012 Host Site Event Request Form in Word format.
We look forward to the opportunity to work with you on an AEA Event in your Region!