Please click HERE for a wonderful handout with tips to create the perfect plate!
The Center for Nutrition Policy and Promotion, an organization of the U.S. Department of Agriculture, was established in 1994 to improve the nutrition and well-being of Americans. Toward this goal, the Center focuses its efforts on two primary objectives:
- Advance and promote dietary guidance for all Americans, and
- Conduct applied research and analyses in nutrition and consumer economics.
The Center's core projects to support its objectives are the following:
* Dietary Guidelines for Americans
* USDA Food Guidance System (MyPlate, MyPyramid, Food Guide Pyramid)
* Healthy Eating Index
* U.S. Food Plans
* Nutrient Content of the U.S. Food Supply
* Expenditures on Children by Families